View Single Post
Old
11-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Tormentor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
He's not that small, and what I've heard from TPS fans is that he plays beyond his years, is very smart with the puck and always calm. He played very well with the men's team in ET games and already made his debut in SM-liiga.

Myself I've only seen him live playing in Jr. A, and from what I saw he also has a physical element to his game and was surprisingly strong along the boards. Again, this was Jr. A so I'm not sure if you can draw any conclusions from there.

I do agree with you, though, he looks more suited to becoming a SM-liiga defenseman, and that there aren't many things in his game that really stand out. But I think he's talented enough that a team could take a chance with him with a mid-late round pick, after all he is very well-rounded for his age and plays a mature game.
Lehtonen doesn’t seem to have grown much from last season, I’d say that he’s still somewhere around 5’11’’ at the moment. I’m not saying that he couldn’t be drafted, because there’s a chance of that happening and as we know it only takes one team to really like a player. Also I wouldn’t be surprised to see him fairly high on Central Scouting’s rankings, because he should get good evaluations on several aspects of the game. From my perspective it just requires a bit more imagination to see him developing into a regular NHLer someday, at least at the moment. I’ve seen a recording of his SM-liiga debut and although he showed promise, his transition to SM-liiga probably won’t be quite as smooth as with few other youngsters lately. It’s going to take time before he’s able to play the same way in SM-liiga as he does in Jr.A.