View Single Post
Old
11-06-2011, 12:44 PM
OlTimeHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrisUML View Post
Liked the changes last night..seemed to finally spark this team. Liking Grabner and JT together. They were generating had some sustained pressure. I think Grabner's speed works well with JT since they can't cheat to JT or risk getting burned by Grabner. They did lack some chemistry, but it's only been one game and they still looked better than Moulson-JT-PAP has for some time now. Still would lke to see Martin replace Moulson for a while as I think Martin seems more willing to pay the price infront like Moulson used to.

Bailey was noticeable too. Some good, some bad. Had some bad passes in the defensive zone when under pressure. Still looks to dump the puck off too soon. Kinda see the same with Okposo though. He's no where near as tough in the corners as he used to be. Doesn't take the body anymore and seems to be developing into more of a finesse player. Don't really want to see that, as its not going to work out for him. He's the kinda player that needs to keep his game simple and work the puck to get his opportunities. Wish to god he'd forget those stupid toe-drag moves that he always does. Everyone knows its coming and he fails down afterwards. He needs to shoot the puck and drive to the rebound instead.

Love the Staios signing and always did through our little skid. He plays simple and within his means. Very effective. Still can contribute offensively, but his game is in the D zone.

That Ovy goal was 100% Ricky though. If Eaton did screen him, it was slight. Looked like Rick overcommited to the slide and the puck when through his legs rather than using just his right pad to push the rebound into the corner. He HAS to make that save at that point in the game and that point on the skid. Something like that can ruin an already fragile team. If he gets beat on the rebound, thats another thing, but he had to make that first save.
If we're gonna start him as our #1, he should get excoriated. If he's what he should be as our #3, he should be lauded for the game.

I'm on the fence. Good game, I was happy with DP's play, just don't make him our #1 or #2 when both guys are playing better than him. Let him enjoy the twilight of his NHL career.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote