Thread: Proposal: Philadelphia & St. Louis
View Single Post
Old
11-06-2011, 04:19 PM
decadentia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Everyone says that, but what does Coburn bring to the table? He's not a shutdown guy, he's not much of an offensive defenseman, and his play is inconsistent from game to game. Honestly, why does everyone like Coburn so much for? He's nothing more than an average number 5 guy on most teams. And every year, we keep hearing "he's going to be that stopper this team requires" or "he's finally turned the corner and he's going to be that dominant defensive defenseman this team needs." And every year, the guy does nothing but disappoint. It's time to cut losses and let him be someone else's problem. And when you consider he'll probably get 4 to 4.5 million a year, it's way too much for the job he does. Honestly, Coburn is nothing more than a poor man's Scott Hannan, just that Hannan has at least proven in his career he can be a stopper.
I don't have the energy to argue this, but you're wrong. I know, horrible argument, but I really think this is glaringly obvious. His game isn't rounded i'll give you that, but that's going way too far. He'd be a welcome #3 and definitely #4 on quite a few teams in the league.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote