View Single Post
Old
11-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
Is it really money with Turris? I heard his agent say it wasn't about money and some speculated that Turris doesn't like the coach or his role on that team.

Regardless, I don't see him as a good fit here since he's mostly a center.
All speculation, but I really think money is a small part of Turris essentially refusing to sign in Phoenix. I think he'd sign just about anywhere else for a third of what he's asking out of the Coyotes. I still don't think he's proven nearly enough to be someone that we should consider, since he will cost a decent asset in a bidding war, and he is a natural center as well.

Moving on.

Omark would be a very interesting candidate. I don't see him fitting in that well in Bylsma's system, but he definitely has the skill to bring something, even if he isn't playing on a nightly basis. Thing is, Letestu isn't someone that's going to interest Edmonton. They have a glut of third line centers, but they're lacking a 2nd line center (hence all of those damned Staal to Edmonton proposals on the trade board that pop up every couple of days). They also have a glut of young bottom pairing defenders, so someone like Strait or Lovejoy isn't going to interest them too much, either.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif