View Single Post
Old
11-06-2011, 09:06 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
I like Nash but he is getting older and I personally like the youth movement we have depth does that mean it needs to be consolidated?

Umberger doesn't fix our Defense. He's a good peice but where does he fit in the lineup when everyone is healthy?
Nobody on that team will fix our defense. Maybe if we snag a couple prospects like Goboulef, Savard or Moore we might salvage something. But they're in a worse spot than we are defensively.

Quote:
My first thought is "Why?!?"

Where does Umberger fit on this team?

Hartnell-Giroux-Jagr (not taking one of their spots)

JVR-Briere-Simmonds (nope, not here either)

Voracek-Couturier-Read (Nothing here either)

And then we have the problem of what to do w/ Schenn when he gets back...

Are we seriously giving Carle + Bob up for someone to play on our 4th line?!? We're leading the NHL in goals... we don't need more offense, we need more defense. The defense has been terrible.

There are certain deals that just don't make much sense @ all... this is probably one of them.

EDIT: As far as Nash goes... no, just no. We aren't taking a $7.8M cap hit on as a luxury. We don't have weakness on offense right now, it's the defense we need help w/. Nash does nothing there.
I'd put Umberger over Simmonds on our 2nd line and Read on our 3rd pretty quickly. I meant to have these as pretty open ended so they can be adjusted (like the 2nd one) work in Goboulef instead of a 4th to go with Umberger, does that make it better?

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote