Thread: Proposal: CBJ-PHI proposals
View Single Post
Old
11-06-2011, 09:19 PM
WeekendAtBernies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
I'd put Umberger over Simmonds on our 2nd line and Read on our 3rd pretty quickly. I meant to have these as pretty open ended so they can be adjusted (like the 2nd one) work in Goboulef instead of a 4th to go with Umberger, does that make it better?
Not really... You're giving away our weakness (defense) to trade for our strength (forwards). It makes no sense.

Trading Carle and getting no defenseman back in return means Lilja is playing regular minutes every night. That makes me puke.

And then you're using one of our top-9 forwards like a scrub on the 4th line. It's not an efficient use of resources. Ideally, you want 9 top-9 forwards. Your trade would leave us w/ 11 players for 9 spots (Jagr, G, Harts, Briere, JVR, Voracek, Read, Cooter, Simmonds, Schenn, Umberger) and would leave us shorthanded on D w/ our final pairing being Gustafsson-Lilja.

It makes zero sense. If Umberger is even an upgrade over Simmonds or Read, it's a very slight one. While Lilja is a tremendous downgrade over Carle. And meanwhile, you're trading away Bob too. It's honestly really, really bad.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote