View Single Post
Old
11-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Larry44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers1974 View Post
I still don't think you guys get the point. Isn't it intuitively obvious even to the dullest of
minds, that if Giroux plays 25-28 minutes a night, by the playoffs he is going to be
dog-tired? Remember 1975-76, when MacLeish went down, who picked up the minutes,
and who really died against Montreal? B. Clarke. Bobby against Montreal was as
slow as molasses ( not that he was ever a fast skater, strong skater, but definitely
not fast, he had not legs left) That was the year Leach carried the team, and as I recollect won the Conn Smithe Trophy. Kovalchuk playing 35 minutes is like 10 minutes for Giroux. Kovalchuk just hangs out at center ice all game long. Even I could handle those 35 minutes! ;-))) Last night Peter L. played the 4th liners more, of course, it was 9-0 when he did it. And again remind me why we have Shelley? Who fought last night,
the two mighty midgets, Harry Z and Rinaldo plus that sweet fight by Simmonds? Please remind me again why we have Walker?
Well, we DON'T have Walker, and probably never will again. He's in the A.

And really, do you have to be a rocket scientist to realize there is no need to panic about a couple above average minute games for key players this week.

Here's your first clue, since you are clearly in need of one:

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/schedule....012&gameType=2

Sat Nov 5, 2011 Blue Jackets Flyers
Wed Nov 9, 2011 Flyers Lightning
Sun Nov 13, 2011 Flyers Panthers
Mon Nov 14, 2011 Flyers Hurricanes
Thu Nov 17, 2011 Coyotes Flyers

After 3 games in four nights ending with Sat's blow out (and 5 of 6 points)., they get 3 days off, then head to Florida on Weds. then get 3 more days off before the Panthers/Canes back to back, then 2 more days off.

The team and all the coaches would've been very well aware that they had some valuable rest time coming up, so playing Giroux and Timonen, or whoever, a bit extra in this last stretch of games would not mean anything long term.

Win the games while you can, you can rest next week in the FLA sun...

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote