View Single Post
Old
11-07-2011, 12:03 AM
therealdeal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironslave View Post
A few have mentioned, M. Richards-Toews-Nash should not be broken up, they're right. They were outstanding together both offensively and defensively. Suggesting breaking them up means you didn't watch the 2010 games.

I would not have Bergeron in the discussion, I thought he would be good with Crosby but he was Canada's worst forward and rode the pine as the tournament progressed.
Frankly I disagree entirely with both statements. Players change and chemistry comes and goes. Everyone said that the Heatley-Getz-Nash line should not be broken up at any cost after the 2008 WC, and that was only 2 years removed from 2010, and when they got put together initially it was like none of them had even seen the other guys play. If they all happen to be playing really well, put them on the team, if they happen to maintain that chemistry 4 years later on different ice, possibly with a different coach and game plan, keep them together, however I don't see all those things coming together.

Bergeron had a broken thumb and a pulled groin I believe after the Germany game, he's one of the best two way players in the world. You can put him in any situation and he has proven that he's a winner over and over again. If he's healthy and playing well around the time of the tournament, I can't see why you wouldn't take him.