Thread: Proposal: Philadelphia and Nashville
View Single Post
Old
11-07-2011, 12:38 AM
WeekendAtBernies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
No, no you're right. I have been dying to see a line with Nodl, Homstrom and Wellwood on it. If you're really depending on Couturier and Read to keep up their point production and have that 4th line then... I don't know. Maybe we just think differently because I wouldn't be comfortable with that at all. Shea Weber is a tremendous player and I applaud your effort to try and get him, but let's face it. This offense isn't at all a given to be a consistent high scoring affair every game.

Flame me all you want, I'm just giving my two cents.
I'm not trying to flame you, was just having a little fun. Your language ie. the use of "gutting" was a bit strong so I had some fun using hyperbole.

Honestly, a 4th line of Nodl-Holmstrom-Wellwood (or Rinaldo if you'd rather have him over Wellwood) obviously isn't an offensive juggernaut, but they are all excellent defensive forwards who can play on the PK. Our current 4th line is Nodl-Talbot-Rinaldo (or you can replace Rinaldo w/ Shelley certain nights)... and the two wingers (Rinaldo/Shelley and Nodl) average 5 mins / game and 8 mins / game respectively of even strength TOI... so they aren't really used in many offensive situations.

The only difference from our current team to the team I envision after a Weber trade is that instead of Talbot splitting time between the 3rd & 4th line, I'd have him full-time on the 3rd line, since I think he has shown some excellent chemistry @ times this season w/ Couturier as has Read.

I'd be pretty comfortable w/ those 3rd & 4th lines. I also think we'd pick up some offense from our defense Weber vs. Carle. And our powerplay would certainly be more dangerous (the PP has been terrible lately... especially the defensemen) because Weber has an excellent shot and is great on the PP.

It's a sacrifice I'd be willing to make in order to get Shea Weber.

Additionally, Nashville is pretty stocked w/ cheap good defensive forwards, so since many people have said they think my deal offers Nashville a little too much value, I'm sure we could get one of their surplus defensive forwards back in return... ie. Jerred Smithson, who is a good defensive center and was 54.9% in faceoffs in 09-10 and 57.4% in faceoffs last year.

Hartnell-Giroux-Jagr
JVR-Briere-Simmonds
Talbot-Couturier-Read
Nodl-Smithson-Wellwood/Rinaldo

would be a pretty solid forward lineup in my personal opinion.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote