View Single Post
Old
11-07-2011, 01:25 AM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

vCash: 500
Enough of Boyle Getting 3rd Line Minutes Already...

I hate to rant during such a nice winning streak, but enough is enough of him.

Last year he averaged around 17 minutes a game from the second half on, this year he's averaging about 15 minutes. The past 47 games he has 4 goals. A guy getting that much ice time has 4 goals and 9 points.

Moving past his complete lack of production, watching him closely this season he seriously lacks any type of hockey sense. No hockey IQ at all displayed on the ice. A guy could be open on this right side and he will force a pass to his left that is picked off. A guy could be open right next to him and he will slam it hard around the boards to nobody. Additionally he has so much trouble figuring out how to pressure the points while on the PK which cost us the Isles game a few weeks back. He was decent on the PK last season which confuses me how all of a sudden he has trouble this year.

His physical play has been pretty much nothing, and I don't think there is any Ranger this season that has been knocked down more then him.

Frankly, i'm tired of watching him get so much ice time to do nothing. I don't care who they move up to the 3rd line, but Boyle should be moved down and be playing no more then 10 minutes a game. He had a nice little streak early last season, and since then he's reverted back to a average 4th line player. Dubinsky might be struggling as well, but with him you still see him making smart plays and coming close. You don't see any of that from Boyle, or very rarely.

I know i am not alone in this assessment of Boyle since their are a ton of knowledgeable posters on this site.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote