View Single Post
Old
11-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Im with you. He sees the game/plays better than Sam does, I dont even think thats up for debate - Sam is getting up there in years and misses more and more of the action each year. Giannone wasn't blessed with the almost iconic voice of Rosen though.

As for Sam, I literally grew up listening to him. His voice is synonymous with NYR hockey as far as Im concerned. However, Im not going to let emotions get in the way of the fact that his performance has slipped greatly in the last several years. Could be because hes getting old, could be because he lost the best color guy in the league in JD - probably a bit of both.

And while the Rangers broadcast team still beats out several others around the league, its getting tougher and tougher to listen to Sam and Joe work together.

With that said, I sure hope Giannone isnt the heir-apparent.
While this may be true, I think the big issue with Giannone is translating what he sees into words.

Like last night a Jets player shoots the puck wide and he goes "shoots the puck wide, into the open net!"

I can live with a mistake here and there, obviously there going to happen on a live PBP, but with Giannone it seems that multiple times a game he says something idiotic like this.

Can't stand the guy, he's not as bad as Michael Kay, but if he's given the job after Sam, I will flip.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote