Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROTCphan View Post
Too early for what?

Carter(3pts), Richards(10pts), Leino(3pts), and Carcillo(3pts) = 5 goals; 19pts

Talbot and Couturier both have 5 goals apiece; 16pts.

If you look at piece for piece, across the board...i.e- Carter/Voracek and Couturier, and Richards/Schenn and Simmonds, plus add in Jagr-Leino tradeoff, and Rinaldo-Carcillo trade off I think it is obvious to see that this team is a vastly deeper team.
I don't think you understand what's being discussed. We're comparing which return is better than the other, not if either return is paying off. I think it's too early to compare which return is better, since we have yet to see how Schenn will pan out.

As for the other points...no, this team isn't deeper...which is why the majority of our offense comes from 1 line, unlike last year. Carcillo is a MUCH better overall hockey player than Rinaldo. Richards for Schenn and Simmonds has yet to pay off. On top of that, this team is pretty damned bad defensively, largely because we got rid of basically every one of our defensively responsible forwards without really replacing any of them. The team relies on rookies to do a LOT, and that's generally a recipe for disaster since rookies get tired. As others have pointed out, this team could easily have a very ugly second half.

Also, I have no idea why you threw Talbot in with Couturier and mentioned Leino and Carcillo, since none of them were part of the Richards or Carter trades.