Thread: On MDZ
View Single Post
Old
11-07-2011, 10:28 AM
gotmonte

vCash: 500
Here is MY take on Michael Del Zotto:

He is a very talented player. He showed that his first year here. I think he is a head case right now to be honest. If the coaching staff shows to him that they are very heavily depending on him and stroke his ego with top line minutes, he plays above average.

If the coaching staff take minutes away from him, his game regresses terribly and he bombs out.

That kind of stability is scary. BUT I DONT THINK HE WILL REMAIN LIKE THIS.

I fully believe if the coaching staff (and fans) keep stroking his ego and he plays top minutes, he will blossom into one of the better offensive d's in the league. Will he pot 20-25 goals a year? Maybe not. But Assists? I think A LOT of his shots will be deflection goals and he will get the primary assist while also potting his fair share of goals.

When/IF Staal comes back the coach will have a pretty significant problem. Do you take MDZ's ice time from him and play him 10-15 minutes a game? If you do, you run the risk of stunting MDZ again and have him crash and burn. Leading to fans booing him or just not chanting him and his ego will be crushed and your looking at trade bait, AHL fodder

Its a scary thing with MDZ to be honest. I think he needs top 4 minutes to progress into what we think he can turn into

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote