View Single Post
Old
11-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Gary320

vCash: 500
Was at the game, on most occasions the fans were just unclassy idiots. Other times, they were normal idiots. USA chants, booing the national anthem for Canada... atleast in our zone. Telling some Habs fans to go back home. My girlfriend was having a field day with it, she is a huge fan and she had more guts then me.. during the introduction, Rangers came out and she booed the hell out of them, then chanting Go Habs Go when we came out.. being louder than the Rangers fan infront of us. Atleast that was fun.

Worst part of the evening was witnessing the whole crowd go bezerk for the fight, and then seeing a man hugging his kid directly after. The fight got a bigger reaction than any of the goals scored.. it was real odd.

Also while everyone was leaving, there was a Scott Gomez chant going down the stairs. That was pretty hilarious.

Every city has it's idiots.. that's pretty much what I'm trying to say. Everyone paints a bad image about Montreal, but there are worse cities out there.. and I've been to enough Habs game (I was at the Boston one) to see that we are not as bad as they are.

as for the game it self, I would say that most of the calls on us were justified, but most of them were also very strict.. and Rangers getting away with some was also a bit odd. Either way, I think for a large portion we were not that great.. but that also doesnt help when you play half the game on the penalty kill.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote