vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Just a thought from a CBJ fan. Would the following be a plausible trade:

Van:
Nash
Brassard/Vermette
Mason
Pick/Prospect (value depends on what you guys think of trade)

CBJ:
Kesler
Ballard
Luongo

Ballard and Luongo are considered dumps from a Vancouver point of view, allowing Schnieder to play as the #1 and freeing up space. Nash would be on top line with Sedins. Brassard/Vermette brought in to center 2nd line.

I know Kesler is untouchable and what not, but from a hypothetical view would it fit any needs for Vancouver? The reason why I ask is because I see in Kesler attributes that could IMO turn the Columbus franchise around. He's a Buckeye, is a leader, is a top forward in the league, etc. As for moving Nash, I feel that he could free up a ton of ice for the Sedins. Also, I think Luongo's contract is going to hurt Vancouver in the long run but he's an immediate replacement for Mason in Columbus.

The salaries balance out to CBJ taking on ~$600,000 this year. As for the pick/prospect, could add Moore, Savard, Atkinson, Calvert, etc. Wouldn't want to add Johansen unless value is WAY off in your eyes. A guaranteed 1st overall pick is a non-starter because the franchise would just hang onto it.
We'd like to thank you for considering us for your #1 Centerman and reliable goaltending provider. We regret to inform you that at this time we are currently attempting to win a Stanley Cup so your request has been denied. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

jimmythescot is offline   Reply With Quote