View Single Post
Old
11-07-2011, 02:29 PM
m00ks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
who is panicking? how about we ease up on the melodrama...

and for your markov/pleks, I'll raise you a Koivu/Komisarek.

besides, neither Markov nor Pleks (or Koivu/Komisarek for that matter) had anything resembling the discord with the coach that Kost apparently has had/has.

Markov, Pleks, Koivu and Komisarek all expressed clear desires to remain with the team, and from all indications until the actually signings (or lack thereof), the team wanted them back.

Kost situation isn't even remotely similar.
Koivu was never offered a contract.

Komisarek wanted to cash in. He did and we're better off without his contract. Same thing happened with Wiz. If Andrei wants his 5 million elsewhere, that's fine, I wish him good luck. He's main value to this team is that he's an affordable contributor, similarly to Gorges. Once these types of players become overpaid, specially with our already expensive forwards, your team is worst for it.

Whatever the extent of this "dischord" with the coach is all hearsay and if they did happen, from the looks of it, has already passed. Martin is using him against tough opposition and hes responding well with strong play. He's also found chemistry with a maturing talented center.

I don't see how you can't find similarities with the aforementioned players. Home grown talent, drafted and developed for a good number of years. All are comfortable in the city and have expressed their desire to stay. Like Pleks, AK was also given a chance to perform on a UFA year.

I'm pretty confident we can lock up AK at 4 million tops.