Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Panthers Assign Markstrom to San Antonio
View Single Post
Old
11-07-2011, 03:43 PM
JPG

vCash: 500
While I agree that Markstrom is playing well I would rather he continue to hone his craft by starting as many games as possible, and that will only happen in SA given that we have 3 goalies now. There's no other way short of a trade that this could be done, and IMO it's too risky at this point to trade Theodore and probably too much is unknown about Clem by other teams for them to pull the trigger on any kind of trade. The reality for us right now is that our team doesn't score alot, we've scored more than 3 goals twice this season. Whoever our goalie is, he has to play lights out every single night for us to win. I don't think that's the best situation to put a rookie goalie into. I am happy with the team so far but looking at the standings we are only 5 points away from last place in the conference. I don't care if I get flamed for stating the truth. I am hopeful that we will make the playoffs but if we are on the outside looking in come the trading deadline then what do we do? I'd rather have played Clemmenson a fair amount to see if we could get some kind of return for him at that time. Our prospects thus far are developing better because of not being rushed and I am all for continuing that process, so while I do love what I've seen from Markstrom and am highly encouraged, I can see why they sent him down for the time being.

JPG is offline   Reply With Quote