View Single Post
Old
11-07-2011, 04:55 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
So just to clarify...

Brayden Schenn for Shea Weber straight up tomorrow. Forget about the cap for right now.

No window to negotiate a new contract w/ Weber before the trade... do you do it?
No. As long as there isn't a window to negotiate, then not a chance. I'm real hesitant on dealing Schenn because he really has the potential to be a game breaker. And game breakers are really tough to come by. Yes, Giroux is a game breaker. However, we don't know if Couturier is a game breaker yet and we also don't know if JVR is a game breaker yet.

With regards to the future, personally, I'd rather a pairing of JVR - Schenn; Simmonds - Giroux; Couturier - Voracek. That's three very fine pairings for the future and three very solid lines to build around.

I think the Flyers have other assets available to use in a trade other than Schenn. If the Flyers look to move Schenn, the only defenseman I'd want would be Doughty. I wouldn't deal Schenn in a package for either Weber or Suter, especially when they are pending free agents.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote