View Single Post
Old
11-07-2011, 05:07 PM
KidRobot

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to KidRobot
Thanks for the advice guys. It would be ideal to tell them before/after the game but I'm not a captain or anything and our C is rarely there. Lots of issues on this team I'd say. Guess I just gotta rough this situation out.

For the record I'm one of those guys that loves hearing some constructive criticism since I'm not that far into my playing career and I know I make plenty of mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Agreed. The most important part to talking to teammates is understanding each person's personality. I prefer to be yelled at because it pisses me off and I play better. If I'm patted on the back I really don't care cause all that means is I was doing what I was supposed to do. For the OP I think there are only 2 options:you leaving the team or the guy leaving the team. He's not open to criticism and his lack of fundamental positioning will kill any team he's on, he's like a time bomb no matter what team he's on. My hockey life got a lot easier the day I stopped yelling at teammates, understanding some people don't care about getting better and finding a team I belong on and can get better at hockey.
This is undoubtedly my last year on this team. Too many players on the bench, too few give two sh_ts and too many people that are just bad players. Couple of them are good guys and truly wanna get better...might try to take them with me when I go.

Gonna take the reigns and start my own team in a cheaper league so I can afford to keep about 10 skaters+goalie that actually care. And get rid of any guy dogging it and taking 4 minute shifts.

Last edited by KidRobot: 11-07-2011 at 05:14 PM.
KidRobot is offline   Reply With Quote