Thread: Brayden Schenn
View Single Post
Old
11-07-2011, 07:19 PM
flyersfan018

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
I don't want Schenn traded. I didn't say I'd snap my fingers and trade him.

I consider him one of the best prospects in the league.

But I would trade one of the best prospects around after careful consideration (not a snap of the fingers) if I got another one of the best prospects around, but one who plays defense instead of center.

Dunno what's so hard for you to understand. Brayden Schenn isn't the next Crosby. He has a ton of talent and is probably going to be a #1C in this league for a long, long time. I like him a lot, I'm perfectly happy keeping him on our team, but if he could be traded straight up for Adam Larsson, I'd definitely do it. Adam Larsson is just as good, if not better than Schenn as a prospect. Or if he could get me another one of the top defensive prospects like OEL, I'd consider it.

I don't know how you could just say "no" 100% when it comes to that type of deal. I know offense is really, really sexy, but defense wins championships, specifically shutdown #1 defensemen like I'm talking about. And we already have a ton of offense on this team.

The only true "need" this team has is for a young #1 caliber defenseman, and you need to give quality to get quality... you're not going to get a legit #1 for Voracek and some throw ins. It takes a prospect like Schenn to get another top notch prospect.
So let me get this straight. Trading an unproven prospect for another unproven prospect is a great idea now?

flyersfan018 is online now   Reply With Quote