View Single Post
Old
11-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
No he doesn't. He used to. Now, not so much. The guy hits all the time and is always involved in scrums after the whistle. How is that playing small?

On top of all of that, the Rangers call on him and his line to shut down the other teams best lines. Any offense they can generate is gravy if they can keep the other teams best players off the board (which looking at the Rangers goals against has been a success).

The guy is off to slow start offensively and everyone is down on him. When he scores 3 goals in 4 games everyone will call him the Rangers next great power forward and that he makes Dubinsky expendable.....
I disagree.

He doesn't use his size very well. He is not good enough with the puck to be able use his body to shield players. He doesn't crush players by any means and is usually the one knocked to the ice. Sure he is involved with post scrums but so is 5'10 Prust.

Goals or not goals, he also completely lacks any hockey sense like my original post said. That's not something he is going to learn at 27 if he hasn't already.

I definitely would not call him a shut down center as well.

I've never been so high on Boyle, so it's not like all of a sudden im deciding to pick on him. I just think this year he's really been pretty lackluster in all departments, not just scoring.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote