11-07-2011, 07:31 PM
santiclaws

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3cc0s View Post
I have a couple pairs of pro-stocks given to me by my NHL/AHL neighbor:

Warrior Franchise
Eagle

I also have non-pro stock, but high end gloves: TPS R8, Sherwood T90, Sherwood 995, Easton E-Pro

now... are pro-stock's that much better? I wouldn't say so, as even the non-pro stock are supposed to be pro-level gloves and are made of the same Nylon or Synth leather materials with the same density of foam with plastic inserts.

The Franchise IS a little different, as it was a "wide" glove before the wide series came out...

So its not so much the glove's construction that is much different than lets say a "top-end non-pro glove" but rather the Palm...

Where my TPS & Easton are both Nash and the Sherwoods are Clarino...

both of my pro-stock gloves are just "pure" clarino, including the Eagle
They are not nash, nor M2H2, nor do they have any added palm material

Does this feel better? Yes, but slightly...
I think Clarino is the best feeling material, and prefer these palms to the Nash I have in my Eason/TPS, but a well worn pair of my sherwoods with the added material for duabiity is just as comfortable.

anyways, did anyone find that with pro-stock? that alot use just a standard clarino, including the gussets, though the retail varients of the same glove use all sorts of different materials?
Pro stock does not mean better materials. Pro stock generally means "custom" - made just the way a particular guy likes it, which is better for him.

santiclaws is offline   Reply With Quote