View Single Post
Old
11-12-2005, 10:35 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Looks like I'm 3\3

Hartnell's second goal was a goal scorer's goal. Who knew he had the moves? The first goal was simply a power forward getting into the slot, getting in the goalie's way and being in the perfect spot to tip a shot in. I feel bad for Kariya, because while Timonen DID tip the puck in, Kariya made the perfect setup, took the perfect shot at the perfect time and was likely going in either way. Vokoun made about three INCREDIBLE stops. Two were among the best I've seen from him, and definitely the best this year. We're now an incredible 7-0-1 when giving up the first goal. Upshall played his best game of the year tonight, and I hoped he'd get a penalty shot...but understood that he wouldn't. Some pretty bad calls on both sides(especially that last one when Wideman took away Kariya's passing lane and Kariya skated right into him, tripping. Even Pete and Terry were mystified, but hey, we'll take it.) Physicality on our part once again decided the game. In those 5 games, and even in some of the games we were winning...we were playing soft. Starting with the Edmonton game, we've been banging and reaping the benefits. We're not getting cycled all over, we're controlling the forecheck, we're creating odd-man rushes.

On an ugly note...Smithson, Erat, Kariya...all missed the gaping open net