View Single Post
Old
11-08-2011, 01:28 AM
apice3*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
I was honestly surprised to see Fraser make the Devils' roster this year. I actually didn't even expect him to be qualified in the summer to begin with. I've never been even close to impressed by him. He'll scrap and play some minimum minutes, but for the most part he isn't anything more than a 7th guy.

Pelly is somewhat useful I think; he's not too bad for the 4th line. I doubt there will be any takers for either of them, but classy of the Devils to try to help the two play elsewhere.
Fraser is our 7th D-man. He's played 2 or 3 games this season, and actually hasn't played as bad as we're accustomed. We'd rather scratch him regularly than a real prospect since we're not too concerned with hindering Fraser's development as a crap D-man. He's capable of playing 10-15 minutes a night, so he's pretty much what we're looking for in a 7th guy.

He's very expendable too since if he's claimed, we can just slot Harrold or Leach into the 7th man role. It would probably be great if someone claimed him so we could free up a contract if we want to buy at the deadline for some picks. I think we're one off the maximum.