View Single Post
Old
11-08-2011, 08:03 AM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNightOilerFan View Post
I did look at your first post and that is why I was confused, because your second post seemed to contradict your first. Your proposal didn't speak about it as a last resort. At any rate, I don't think your Roli proposal happens from the Canucks side of things, for the reasons I listed so I'll drop the discussion.

I do think Roli will be fine and as I said before, he's going to have to drop very far before he gets traded this season. There has been a vast improvement in his play the past 5 games compared to those 3 bad games in Oct. I have seen this guy bounce back a lot over the years and I think Boucher knows how to get the best out of him as a #1 guy. I'd rather see the defence upgraded so that maybe there aren't as many odd-man rushes and quality scoring chances against this season, and then focus on finding a younger starter in the off-season.
I should have made it more clear that the proposal was a last resort option if things weren't working out with Roloson/Garon.

I don't know if you could say there's been a vast improvement in his last 5 games, but he's had a shutout, played well in relief and found ways to win a game that he's played poorly in (Chicago 5-4, 3.74 GAA, .875 SV%); the Carolina game was still not great (4-2 loss, 4.07 GAA, .871 SV%) but the defense seemed to break down more and Skinner had two really nice goals. The Chicago game was much worse as it seemed he couldn't stop anything during the 2nd period. However, I do value and trust your opinion of Roloson since you have seen him play a lot more than I have; my assessment is purely from what I've seen from the second half of last year and the beginning of this year.

Last edited by The Wyzerhood: 11-08-2011 at 08:24 AM.