View Single Post
Old
11-08-2011, 11:19 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
it is exactly the fact that there isnt a clause that deals with a suspended player that makes this clause inapplicable.

that clause was written pertaining to a player playing "legally" in another league in order to prevent teams from hiding a player overseas and then bringing him back at a later period.

technically, Rads is in violation of his contract. technically we have been trying to bring him back ever since he left. for this reason I think a midseason return would be allowed, but I admit it "
would be a judgement call on the part of the NHL. But what I do know is Poile wouldnt be so stupid as to try it without knowing for sure that he could do so without risking waivers, so I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens...
Actually, the "other than on Loan from his Club" would apply to Radulov without a special exemption from the league. The Preds had to suspend him to prevent this final year of his ELC to expire while he plays in the KHL ... he isn't on loan so he must be the KHL under some "other" arrangement.

Maybe there is some back room decision that would allow the Preds to treat this as though they did "loan" him for this final season if he chooses to come back to the NHL. Maybe Bettman is hoping that a media statement is enough to get this through. The disconnect between the statements from Poile/Bettman/Daly and the wording of the CBA is dangerous territory and the risk remains for another round of drama until this is resolved.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote