View Single Post
Old
11-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Charon

vCash: 500
I live in Edmonton, but I'm a Habs fan. I've seen several full Oilers games so far this year. Here's a few notes on what we can expect from the Oilers... (Projected lineup below)

The kid line of Hall, Hopkins and Eberle are very oppurtunistic scorers. They don't generally dominate shifts in the attacking zone, but they find sneaky ways to score, and they are particularly dangerous on the rush. Watch for them to make great, sneaky passing plays after they've gained possession in the offensive zone.

Smyth Horcoff and Jones is a tenacious line that can score. They do all the little things right in all three zones to help the team win and they forecheck hard. Look for these guys to be crowding the crease all night.

Paajarvi Belanger and Gagner. Paajarvi and Gagner aren't having great starts, but look for a few things... Belanger is awesome on faceoffs, and watch Paajarvi make Cole-like drives to the net on the wing. To me, Paajarvi's game is much like Cole's game. Gagner is dangerous on the PP.

Eager, Lander and Petrell form a formidable 4th line for the Oil. They're fast enough, and they have very strong boards play. Look for them to spend long shifts in the Habs zone. They don't get a lot of ice time, but they can change momentum in a hurry.

Smid and Gilbert are the top pairing, but look for Gilbert to make some mistakes under forecheck pressure (he's kinda prone to this). Potter and Petry are experienced, but they get the job done. Peckahm is quite slow and Teubert is playing in his 3rd NHL game I believe.

Overall, the Oilers have found success this year with great goaltending and team defence. Their defenceman are young and inexperienced, but they get huge help from their goalies and their forwards on the backcheck.

Should be a good game.

Taylor Hall, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Jordan Eberle
Ryan Smyth, Shawn Horcoff, Ryan Jones
Magnus Paajarvi, Eric Belanger, Sam Gagner
Ben Eager, Anton Lander, Lennart Petrell

Ladislav Smid, Tom Gilbert
Corey Potter, Jeff Petry
Theo Peckham, Colten Teubert

Nikolai Khabibulin
Devan Dubnyk