View Single Post
Old
11-08-2011, 11:08 AM
fr4ed2384

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
Me too.

I just remember there being a lot of hype around him going into his draft year, and his stock dropped into round 2. no doubt left a bad taste in my mouth.

and i have to look at Mitchell every game, and he was once the speedy college guy with the good numbers.
you should do some research on Nieto .. He fell for 2 reasons --
He stopped growing and was considered small at 5'11" ( McKensie) and ,

he was 17 when he started at BU and play regularly right from the start- had a very slow start to the season .. the 2nd half of BU season is when he came on and scored most of his points resulting in some doubting his grit (such as Redline)

but NO ONE doubted his speed, puck handling and hands.. just whether he could play up to the NHL physically

You need to look at the broken leg and crash Mitchell took in 08 , it took Mitchell a 1 1/2 yrs to get back on the ice even limited.. He was very fast at Vermont and his 1st yr in the pros and will probably never get it all back .. but that was an injury and they happen and blaming him or picking him in the draft is a mistake .. He was a great pick and especially for a bottom of the 4th round pick