View Single Post
Old
11-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Halifaxhab*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
And then some of us watched him play in some of those games, and felt like maybe he didn't look like that great a pick. Prospects will be prospects. I personally don't hold out any hope for Avstin, though. I want to tell people I was wrong about Tinordi, and that I was right about Chipchura. I have some hope of the former, precious little of the latter anymore.
I've watched some of his games last year, and this year and I have to say that I am feeling good that he will make the NHL. He won't be a 30pt guy, but can turn into a #3-4 shutdown type of dman. His progression from last year has been amazing. Keep in mind that he had a growth spurt and it takes time to adjust. He will play 2-3 more years in the juniors/minors as he fills in that massive frame but his skating and his increasing willingness to play more of a physical game (like his dad used to) make me think he may move up sooner for a call-up or two.

If he does make the show, it'll be due to the Hunter's turning him into the mean gritty guy they and his father was as players.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote