View Single Post
Old
11-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
His Calgary totals were playing soft minutes with Iginla. That wasn't a role available to during his time in Montreal. Anyone who thought he'd do that every year is suffering from delusions of how good Cammalleri can be expected to be. And considering the nature of the UFA market he's basically earning his salary in production terms.

Like I said, count him by 9 games instead of 10, he only played 3 minutes in that one game due to injury so it isn't fair to count it as a full game. That is a 27 goal pace, which is respectable considering the low shooting percentage. And ability to generate shots is a far better sign of performance at this point than goals scored. 1 goal in either direction has too much influence at this point for goal totals to be predictive of anything and you should know by now that shooting percentage regresses heavily to career averages. A low shooting percentage is a good sign for the future, not a bad one.
No matter what minutes he played in CGY, Montreal signed him to reproduce that production. You don't need to give me reasons as to why he hasn't reached it.
Also, his minutes didn't differ from Regular season to POs, with us, unless I'm mistaken.
People expected PO Cammalleri to be Regular Season Cammalleri, simple as that.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote