Old
11-08-2011, 02:44 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
That's useful to take out those outliers when we are examining a small sample like we are. But 32 goals in 11 games is still pretty nice offensive production, and that's more than a lot of teams average even with their anomalously high scoring games included. I say that to say this: the offense will be fine. The team defense concerns are valid IMO, but this forward group has the ability to perform better in that regard, and we know how good the defense corp should be. Maybe it's my orange and black colored glasses showing themselves here, but I think they're going to be alright defensively by the time play offs roll around. Not stellar, but at least good enough to let their goal tending and scoring give them a chance to win some play off games (which I'm assuming they'll probably make if my prior predictions come to pass).
I think this is spot on. They have offensive weapons. Guys are going to score goals on this team. The team overall needs to be better on defense, which I think they will be. They aren't going to be one of the best in the league, but they are a better team than they have been for most of this season. Once we get into the second season is where we will see Bryz and the offense take over games (for better worse).

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote