View Single Post
Old
11-08-2011, 02:46 PM
Talks to Goalposts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
No matter what minutes he played in CGY, Montreal signed him to reproduce that production. You don't need to give me reasons as to why he hasn't reached it.
Also, his minutes didn't differ from Regular season to POs, with us, unless I'm mistaken.
People expected PO Cammalleri to be Regular Season Cammalleri, simple as that.
Is it what the team expected to get for 6 million or what people were expecting? Because those are two different things. If people were expecting a point per game in Montreal every year then I think the problem was that people were expecting him to be something he's not and never was.

He averaged 71 points per 82 games through the prime scoring years of his career before coming to Montreal. In Montreal he's been 65 points through 82 games which is basically the pace he's on now. That's drop, but not a big one for a scoring forward going into the latter part of his 20's and basically around the same level of performance scoring-wise especially since he hasn't got an elite forward to play with like Kopitar or Iginla to boost him like previously.

Playoff Cammalleri is a 90 point player in 82 games. That's completely unreasonable from a guy like Cammalleri who isn't one of the top 10 forwards in the game. That's what Cammalleri can do during a hot streak but expecting him to average that for an entire season is ludicrous. He isn't that good. If your expectation is for him to be that good, you're setting yourself up for disappointment by setting the bar higher than he can be expected to hit in an average season.

If Cammalleri was that good he probably wouldn't have gone to free agency and if he did he'd have commanded more like 7.5-9 million a year rather than 6. Marion Gaborik isn't quite that good and he got 7.5 in the same year as Cammalleri while being a major injury risk.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote