View Single Post
Old
11-08-2011, 03:31 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixonWard15 View Post
Not exactly a directly Sabres related idea but it is the biggest story in sports, possibly the biggest scandal in college sports ever and the owner is tied with the university.

It seems like this will shake Penn State to its very core, its administration covered up a child rapist to protect the football program. Joe Pa is done, people are going to jail etc and there are questions if there will be a football team in the future.

And then there is Terry Pegula, who earlier this year gave a record donation of $88 million to start a Div 1 Hockey Program. But things have changed, the entire program covered up for a monster, the Athletic Director and a Senior VP has been fired and are facing criminal charges and there is a real question if the School President will be fired. If I were him, I would be looking for an out from the entire deal. I don't believe that we will be hearing anything good from Penn State athletics for any time in the future and the money could be better used elsewhere.

Anyone else have thoughts?

Sept. 17th 2010 was the announcement of the donation. What source do you have that it was THIS year?

This is a non-story as far as Pegula is concerned. Any connection is like saying Ralph Wilson just choked to death on a chicken wing, so Pegula better be careful of Chickens. Afterall they both are owners of sports teams and they both eat chicken wings. So be careful.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote