Thread: Max Talbot
View Single Post
Old
11-08-2011, 04:51 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
I really like Talbot. I was a big fan from his days in Gatineau with the Olympiques (same program that Giroux came from) and always thought he was kind of misused in Pittsburgh. I always thought he was going to produce more than he did and I think because he's such a good agitator that they stuck him on the defensive side simply because there was no room in the top six for him.

I know Talbot had one season where he won 58% of his draws, but his biggest strength is that he is clutch when it matters - the playoffs.

I know someone mentioned face off percentage and face offs won, but winning face offs is kind of misleading. I think the biggest thing about face offs is can you generate any sort of pressure after winning the face off. If you can't, then it doesn't really matter if you won the face off or not. It's a misleading stat like shots on goal. You could be a team that gives up 30 to 35 shots on goal, but if the shots are from 40 to 50 feet away and aren't coming from high percentage scoring zones or if there really isn't a scoring chance generated, does that necessarily make you a bad defensive club? I don't think so, personally, but there are others who think so simply because of the number of shots.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote