Thread: Trade Talk
View Single Post
Old
11-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Chazz Reinhold

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrazor12 View Post
Brown is a valuable asset. You can't argue otherwise. However, you can argue that he kills momentum just as often as he creates it. That is arguably a quality not fit for a top six role. The brown bashing is completely unjustified here. It's not his fault TM puts him in the top six. He is good on the power play and has earned his position in that role. I wish that was true for his position in the top six. He is better suited for third line duty. Nobody says you can't score 20-30 goals a season on the third line with #1 pp time. Time for TM to find a way to use his players better and get more out of them. No trade is necessary at this time. It's coaching....that's the problem. If TM can't figure it out quick then he needs to go
What frustrates me the most about Brown is actually Murray. You never hear Murray say anything about Brown's game, even though he makes the same poor puck management decisions over and over and over again. I don't know what goes on behind closed doors, but considering Brown continues to play the same way when it comes to making plays with the puck, I think it's a pretty safe assumption Murray doesn't hold him accountable for his turnovers at all, especially considering he never loses ice time even after the worst of turnovers. If you're in Murray's Old Boys' Club, you can do no wrong. But if you're Trevor Lewis or Andrei Loktionov or Trent Hunter or Brad Richardson or Alex Ponikarovsky you better sure as **** not do anything wrong, otherwise you'll be demoted/scratched/called out in the press.

I understand Brown is valuable in certain ways. I just wish he was held accountable for making the same mistakes over and over because I think he would stop making them if he was.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote