View Single Post
Old
11-09-2011, 09:16 AM
mirimon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I'd take Coburn ahead of Tom Gilbert and Keith Ballard on that list. That's it. Everyone else is ahead of Coburn. The man just simply isn't a good defenseman. He's got all the tools be a top 2 defender, but just doesn't have the smarts to put it all together on a full time basis. When Coburn finished up his first year in Philadelphia, he was on his way to becoming a star. When he got hit in the face with the puck in the Pittsburgh Eastern Final Series, that was it. It changed him and he's never been the same. He'll never get it back and the Flyers need to stop being patient with Coburn in thinking that he will. He should have been traded elsewhere by now.
Coburn can be frustrating at times, and he hasn't progressed quite the way we'd hoped for when he came over here, but that's a bit harsh. I'd probably prefer Coburn to 8-9 guys on that list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
I would take Bieksa over Coburn as well. But, Bieksa has not been as consistent as you seem to think. There have been times even this season where Vancouver fans have been questioning his worth.
Yeah, I take Bieksa as well, but he has similar problems to his game that Coburn does. Plus he might be the most nonchalant defender in the entire NHL, except for Gonchar.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote