View Single Post
Old
11-09-2011, 12:18 PM
r3cc0s

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
The difference between pro-stock and retail sticks are real. I've had both pro-stock and retail S19s and TotalOnes.

Pro-stock S19s, according to a postage meter (Hey, it's an accurate digital scale!) are roughly 5-grams or so lighter then retail and it was also a bit longer (about 1/2"). The pro-stock also didn't have the same coating around the taper to the blade as the retail. I assume that had something to with the weight difference... Otherwise they felt identical in play and everything. However, the retail sticks did last a LOT longer then pro-stock in terms of feel. I think a brand new pro-stock probably feels better at the taper when stick handling, but after a bit of play they are pretty much the same.

Pro-stock and retail TotalOnes had the same weight, same coating, same everything. Virtually identical in every facet. Much happier with the retail quality of the TotalOne compared to the retail quality of the S19 - then again, the same could be said about any S19 v TotalOne IMHO.

I just got a retail RS Stealth last week and have played with it once. It's a very good stick, but I'm not 100% happy with it yet. I don't want to pass judgement until I get some more ice time with it though.
well intrestingly... my neighbor has a TotalOne which is actually a One95 - just a different paint job

its like anything and especially if you are sponsored, you'll get what you want, but generally I think that pro-stocks are less durable...
Cammillari went through 70 sticks last season... and I'm sure they're on the ice probably close to 300+ times a year, that's still remarkable concidering he's not a 220+ beast and doesn't take big slappers. I think pro stocks are more brittle, and often the blades have various weaves for various reasons... (my buddy's has two weaves on the blade of his one95 repaint of a totalOne)

r3cc0s is offline   Reply With Quote