Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Panthers Assign Markstrom to San Antonio
View Single Post
Old
11-09-2011, 01:39 PM
Holy Jokinen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Look, it's fact markstrom outplayed anything Clemmer could ever play. That's evidenced by markstrom splitting duties while here and Clemmer avoiding splinters.
It's fact based on performance he earned the spot to stay and split time with Jose.
Clearly having to pay markstrom to play NHL while paying Clemmer in the AHL played a huge role in what was decided.
Put it this way.. Is anyone more confident when Clemmer gets in the net next week ten if it we markstrom? And that is a rhetorical question ...
I hope Jose keeps up the play like last night and Clemmer doesn't hurt us as each point now with a contending team is crucial.
How exactly was that made clear? I think that's an assumption and not a fact.

The fact is that goalies take longer to develop and the panthers have been guilty of rushing prospects in the past. This is the right move, and remember, even Alex Auld had a couple of good games down here -- Markstrom playing really well for a few games doesn't make him an all-star. Nor is it enough to usurp a very good goalie in Theo.

The thinking behind this move was not primarily money, not at all. Rather it was giving Markstrom the most playing time while not being a complete dick to players who have dedicated themselves to your team. Signing Theo, telling him he'd battle for the starter job in camp, having him earn that job, and then forcing him to sit every night just so we can give a more popular player starting time, all while the true backup wastes away in the AHL.... yeah that's not exactly a classy way to run a club, and DT knows more about hockey and hockey players than to mess with them like that. Plus, DT know thats Markstrom can come up at any time, whether it be injuries, fatigue, trades, whatever.

Good move. I look forward to seeing Marky back in net ASAP.

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote