View Single Post
Old
10-30-2003, 01:48 PM
Hossa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon
I think it holds a lot of merit sence Hossa is arguably one of the fastest players in the NHL. Steen has some good speed but it's not even close to Vermette's. What I didn't like about Steen in the WJ is that I thought he lacked intensity, didn't play very physical and seemed to float at times. 6pts in 6 games isn't that impressive when you look at the overall tournament scoring leaders and the fact that he played top line minutes and had plenty of pp time.
To give you an idea, Vermette put up numbers that bettered the numbers shown by guys like Hossa, Havlat and Shawn MacEchearn. He put up the fastest times ever seen in an Ottawa training camp.

Now whether or not you put much value in that stat isn't really important. Vermette is amazingly fast. He and Simon Gagne were friends as kids, and I remember reading somewhere that Gagne thought Vermette was faster than him.

I haven't seen that much of Steen (just WJC), and certainly not live. I have seen Vermette live though, and I know him quite well.