View Single Post
Old
11-09-2011, 02:16 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
From PuckRakers,

Apparently, he survived:

Newest Blue Jacket Mark Letestu got up at 5:30 a.m., drove from Pittsburgh to Columbus, laced up his skates and stepped onto the Nationwide Arena ice for practice with his new team this morning.
Later, in the dressing room, his good nature spilled into the notebooks and microphones of the weary, coffee-swilling media types.
He said he couldn’t be happier to have been traded to the worst team in the NHL. The Penguins are getting healthy and needed to clear some roster space. Letestu was traded in exchange for a fourth-round pick in 2012.
“Space had to be made somewhere,” Letestu said. “I’m excited that it was me. I’m coming to a place where I expect to do well and I’m going to play a lot more than I did.
“Obviously the moods are a little different in the room but it doesn’t deter me from the challenge ahead. I’ve played on teams in this situation. I’m here to be part of the solution.”
Letestu skated as a wing on the No. 2 line today with right wing Vinny Prospal and center Derick Brassard. They also made up the No. 2 power-play unit.
Letestu, 26, had one assist and a minus-6 rating in 11 games for the Penguins.
“It’s something I think I needed,” he said of the trade. “A new start, a new team, a new atmosphere. Maybe a jump start.”

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote