View Single Post
Old
11-09-2011, 03:34 PM
Marchy79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Plus, guys like Diaz Weber and Emelin not making much are as good or better than just about anything on the UFA market this past summer. Maybe with the exception of Wisniewski Kaberle and a couple others.
Very true...

It's the mixture that breeds success... the right Big guys, with the right emerging talent, at the right time.

Looking at Championships, they always describe the mixture at the end of it all... The mixture is good in Montreal, I actually like our d crew... I just think it can be played a little better.

Hal Gill should be utilized as a 6/7 d. at any cost. IMO he goes in for the BIG games, when we think we will have a hard time defensively (why anyone asks-- He's prone to offensively gifted players, but is a ROCK on the PK historically, and is even now considered this. Those games in particular, IMO we need 'Skills' Gill.

Markov, and Subban IMO are the top two guys, and along with Gorges, IMO will be the top three.

That leaves 3 spots to fill out of 5 d-men; Spacek, Campoli, Weber, Diaz and Emelin, expecting Gill to act as spare. I dont see it to be so difficult to imagine that our outright #1 d is out, and we have been affected.

Out of that grouping, Diaz is the only true blue 2-way contract, IMO he's the first one sent down when either one of Campoli or Markov returns. (and all remain healthy).

Leaving 4 dogs, in a 3 dog race. Spacek & Campoli, both our veterans, IMO either one are both 1 year contracts, if it comes to a waiver issue, one of the 2 should be shipped out for a non player roster move. IMO if Gauthier is hungry, he could find some value for one of them... perhaps a decent pick in the draft for services now (rental).

Spacek/Campoli

Emelin
Weber

Diaz AHL (First call up for 11/12 d-men).

Gill could be swapped in with any of those 3 positional d-men when added in to line up.

If it's for a positional player, I hope it's combined with a forward for quality up front (because we have 1 extra up there as well), or high picks.

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote