View Single Post
Old
11-09-2011, 08:55 PM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
No doubt. Both Bergfors and Laasko have underperformed, and everybody on here knows it. Trotz obviously wants to minimize their time and I'm guessing that if Poile could replace two individuals on this roster it would be those two if the opportunity and timing presents itself.

But back to my point, do most people realize that McCrappan is on pace to play 50-60 games this year? That's 2 to 3 times as many games as anybody would reasonably expect, agree? Are the Preds best served by relying on McCrappan on a nightly basis or finding someone who can contribute meaningful minutes through offense and/or defense? Isn't there anybody in MIL or in another organization that can better meet the needs of this team? That's why I harp on this issue and point out the error of McCrappan's roster spot.
Who should take McGrattan's spot? I love complaints without solutions or empty solution. We must have somebody that can play his role. Ok. Tell us who it is.

Even when he wasn't dressed, the fourth line wasn't getting it done. That's why it's a fourth line. This becomes a major issue when someone gets injured. It sucks that Legwand went out and went out early. It gets amplified that much more since Legwand was getting close to 20 minutes a night and that's going to be hard to fill.

I have no problems with McGrattan being in the lineup but Trotz has to allow him to do what he does to be effective. We needed a momentum shift last night and that's part of McGrattan's role. Trotz needed to let him go and try to turn the tide of the game. It's not like we weren't taking a ton of bad penalties as it were.

Also, without Klein in the lineup, Toots and Weber are really the only guys who would step up if need be and that's just not enough guys who are willing to go to bat for their teammates.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote