Thread: Switzerland: Swiss young guns
View Single Post
Old
11-10-2011, 03:04 AM
jonas2244

vCash: 500
No question on the potential of Beni Plüss, he's far away from his brother and normally shouldn't be a candidate for a WC. Bykov is getting really interesting, he made a huge step and I can see him getting a similar career like Martin Plüss. There was one scene on Tuesday in the PP where a defender lost the puck on the blueline and there was a 2vs1 vs. the Swiss and Bykov won several meters (compared to the other) and made a great play in the own zone. He seemed to me by far the fastest player on the ice overall.

I do not like bashing Sprunger. Surely he was not constant for Switzerland in the last few year, had better games, had games where he couldn't show up. I still like his potential, I think if he stays healthy for some time and builds up with confidence he is a lock for any national-team selection.

Gerber is not really a young gun anymore, but still a great goalkeeper and in my opinion still #2 in Switzerland (behind Hiller). Such a great guy.

Edit: I'm very interested in seeing Von Gunten this weekend. He may be another Diaz, I think he has NHL-potential and playing in the first line in Sweden with good statistics is quite impressive.

Last edited by jonas2244: 11-10-2011 at 03:06 AM. Reason: additional information
jonas2244 is offline   Reply With Quote