View Single Post
Old
11-10-2011, 08:34 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post

Thank you, Philadelphia Flyers. Thanks for finally standing up to the worst thing to ever happen to hockey.

For a team with the amount of talent the Lightning have to resort to such a chicken **** ploy is embarrassing for the NHL. People can accuse the Flyers of being no better than Tampa for what they did but I heartily disagree. There is no way Philly wanted to play that style, but its about time someone exposed teams that resort to non skilled, boring, stifling play.

I especially liked the Flyers players who were calling out the Tampa players for not forechecking. They should be embarrassed (though of course that is a coaching decision)

The Flyers are alright in my books. I just felt compelled to come here and show my support.

This should make for a great segment on HBO 24/7

Anyways, The Flyers werent really trying to prove anything. They were simply trying to make TB forecheck them so that they didnt have to play TB's system. It is a complete joke of a system. During a Q game last year, one team was playing the 1-3-1 and their opponents attempted to prove a point and ended up passing the puck in their own zone about 20 times between themselves without trying to take it through the neutral zone.

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote