View Single Post
Old
11-10-2011, 10:28 AM
Mellifleur

vCash: 500
I will go with Adam for the following reasons

His game is most effective because he does the simplest things well for the most part. He plays in/near the crease, takes the puck to the net or shoots it on net. He isn't really noted for trying too many fancy passes or trying to skate through too many people. At least that is what the scouting report was on him and what the impression I get in the games I have watched of him this season so far. He has a big frame, which allows him to play in close to the net or try to barrel his way there. He definitely fills a need for the Sabres. As long as he continues with the basic mentality of getting the puck to the net (via shooting or barrelling to the net with it on his stick) I think he will get his points and remaind effective. If he can work on his skating and conditioning a bit more, as he continues his career I can see him being a significant impact forward.

Ennis has tremendous skill and skating ability but I feel like along with that skill comes a tendancy to want to overhandle the puck or get too pretty with the play. At times he reminds me of Afinogenov with how much he handles the puck... He needs to pick up his head and look for teammates coming free or use his skating to elude a checker and take a quick shot on net instead of trying to be too pretty. I feel like he has really great upside but he also could end up being the player with the hardest times (in terms of slumps) in his game (with the greatest potential of failing) unless he changes some tendancies.

Gerbe... what can I say, I really did not like his game at the beginning of last year and thought we should find another guy to fill his slot. Boy has he really changed my opinion, I love watching the kid play now and he has balls! Big swinging ones. He has a nonstop motor and plays his heart out, plus he has some ability to score to back up his effort and tenacity. I remember that sick spin o rama goal he scored against Philly late last season. I think Gerbe has the ability to be in the top 6 but will always find a way to be on the roster because of his tenacity as long he continues to show at least the tremendous effort he has been since mid last year. (and doesn't end up taking out of control penalties like in the Jets game).

Mellifleur is offline   Reply With Quote