Thread: STU Tommies
View Single Post
Old
11-10-2011, 01:07 PM
rantfather

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gleanerguy View Post
Didn't see it, obviously, but tremendous quote from Troy Ryan. From a media perspective, love his perspective and love his candor and honesty. Marked contrast to many coaches.
RIGHT ON GLEANER GUY: Troy Ryan is one of the most forthright young men that I have ever met.........he will call them as he sees them and his integraty is without question.

Didn't see the incident(s) YET but I would caution anybody's interpretation who wasn't in the rink........I WAS NOT!

I t was HONEST of Troy to comment about the penalty to Moncton maybe being too harsh and I would accept that from one who was in the rink at the time.

I took the time to meet Coach Ryan et al opening weekend in Nova Scotia and the subsequent homestand and concluded that STU had hired the right guy and that there will be better times ahead,I also discerned at the time that the LOSING record was a statistical reference only and that many,many good things were happining with the Tommies which was finally showcased with a couple of statistical wins. against UPEI & X.
This team will do the school and it's followers proud and will battle hard all year in a conference which is growing steadfastly to be closer and closer.

Unfortunate incident(s) in the Moncton game have no place in any level of hockey but very refreshing to hear our coach NOT compound the problems by feeding the masses "oderiferous effluvia"

Your continuous great reporting work Gleaner Guy is most appreciated by those of us who are still in exile in "upper Canada"