View Single Post
Old
11-10-2011, 06:30 PM
ponder

vCash: 500
There's no one curve that's better for snap shots, it's all personal preference and technique. With the way I shoot I'd say I have similar snappers with the P92, P91A and P106, and slightly worse snappers with the P88, but again, it's just personal preference. If the puck is fluttering for you when using a P92 (or any curve, really) then it's just a technique issue, focus on shooting from the mid blade, not opening up the blade when you're shooting, and really snapping/rolling your wrists on the release to get some nice spin on the shot.

Sakic clones like the P92 are the most popular retail curves (at least in North America), and I find that I shoot best with them (though honestly I shoot similarly well with many different curves), but that doesn't necessarily mean they're the best choice for you, it really depends on your technique/personal preference. If you want a long blade I'd stay away from the P106, with the way it's shaped/the big rocker it plays like a pretty small blade for me.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote