View Single Post
Old
11-11-2011, 01:14 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
My major concern is still the inability by the bottom six to generate offense.
Agreed. Our biggest problem is the lack of offense overall, and once again we are back to two goal or less for the 13th time in 16 games. Two goals from our bottom six, which is even worse when you consider half of our regular d-men and Dustin Penner still also don't have a goal. Once again tonight, Richards, Doughty, Johnson and Kopitar contributed all of the offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
Now I understand why canucks fans are so annoying when listening to their announcers. Everything is a missed call against them and everything called against them is questionable in their eyes. Quick got slapped with an elbow and they said he sold it so the ref could see the contact...are you ****ing kidding me??? No wonder their fans are that way they are brainwashed by those homers. ...deep breath..they are worse than Hayward. No kidding.

visiting Canucks fans here in the GDT have been ..alright.
I agree. Nucks announcers are generally really annoying and homers. The worst that I have ever seen though is Bruins announcers. Some Detroit games can be really bad as well, especially in the playoffs, where it seems like they grow to hate an opposing player even more than the Wings themselves as the series goes along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
it looks like Columbus might have a fire sale, who do we want?
Some might not like the cap hit, but I like Umberger and Vermette, but the most likely target would be Prospal, likely cheaper to acquire to and we could certainly use the offense. I hope we avoid Carter/Nash simply for the ridiculous price that I'm sure they will want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Steer clear of any long term contracts like Umberger or Vermette since the Kings need that cap space over the summer. Rick Nash is out of the question, so maybe try for a player like Vaclav Prospal who can still setup plays and register points.

He has 11 points in 14 games thus far. If the Kings don't have long term plans for Brad Richardson, it only makes sense to make a one-for-one swap for Prospal.
If you were Columbus, would you take Brad Richardson for your leading scorer? At the deadline, if he keeps this pace up, Prospal would net a 2nd + at least, possibly a 1st depending on the market. No way I'd move him for just Richardson if I'm Columbus, especially the way Richardson has played this season.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote