View Single Post
Old
11-11-2011, 09:34 AM
Sinter Klaas

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanNorthPortFL View Post
I was one of the biggest supporters of trading Pomms this past offseason. Mostly to LA in a deal fir Stoll.

Glad to eat my words but......

Not in the second half of last year, or ever before has Jason Pominville ever played like this. Neither in point production, leadership, confidence, physical play, two way, power play....any aspect of the game. Yes, he 'quietly' put up points but he never was a dominant force on the ice.

This year he has been.

Every word I've said about Pomms, you could say about Vanek too.

The biggest problem this team had the last 3-4 years, was players stepping up and being leaders, none of us thought our core was leadership material....none of us. We talked about brining back Griere for that....hahaha... What a joke that would have been. For the first time in years I see we do have leaders on the team, I'll even throw kudos to Gausted.

Pomms has really taken over the team. Good for him, good for us and I'm happy I'm eating my words!
Here, here.

I'm sure the squads of the eraly 80's to the early 90's had their team "leaders" but they didn't make it past round 1 (Housley, Turgeon and Andreychuk come to mind).

Let's not anoint true leaders when we have yet to see it when it counts.

Sinter Klaas is offline   Reply With Quote