View Single Post
Old
11-11-2011, 10:46 AM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrx View Post
TDMM, didn't you draft "Sura-Pelle" too? You've found two good thirds of his line here. I'd love to here your arguments for putting Goldsworthy on the line, I have some guesses but I'll let you argue for your team.

I think Davos checking line might be one of the best in the AAA.
Goldworthy replaces Pettersson as the "hard worker" of the line. He's probably not as good offensively as Pettersson, but he's pretty good, and his defense is much better established.

I think Springfield's first line might be the best defensive top line in the draft. Goldsworthy is an excellent checker and Lundvall was known as "perhaps Sweden's first two-way forward." Nilsson is the offensively-oriented center (who has known chemistry with Lundvall obviously).

As I said during assassination, Springfield roles 4 balanced lines - all of which can score and play defense. Bill Hicke is a decent defensive conscience for the 2nd line (probably on Lundvall's level defensively but not as good as Goldsworthy), and our bottom 6 is loaded with two-way players who can defend and then score on the counter-attack.

Last edited by TheDevilMadeMe: 11-11-2011 at 12:43 PM.
TheDevilMadeMe is online now   Reply With Quote